On 11/30/2012 9:10 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
Hintakka's concept of truth is what is called "pragmatic truth",
or "scientific truth". It's the same as Peirce's-- namely, what
results when you carry out a particular protocol.

Dear Roger,

Sure, I agree. My point is that such is the only notion of truth that is within our ability to grasp. We obtain the transcendent notions of truth by abstraction in some infinite limit of the pragmatic truths.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net] <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net]>
11/30/2012

    *From:* Stephen P. King <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-11-02, 18:20:11
    *Subject:* Re: Numbers in the Platonic Realm

    On 11/2/2012 1:23 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
    >> Are you familiar with Jaakko Hintikka's ideas? I am using his
    concept
    >> of game theoretic semantics to derive truth valuations.
    >
    > I read this. yes. I don't see relevant at all.
    > I do appreciate his linking of intention and intension, but it is a
    > bit trivial in the comp theory.

    Dear Bruno,

         Hintikka's idea is to show how truth values can be coherently
    considered to be the result of a process and not necessarily just
    some a
    priori valuation. This makes Truth an emergent valuation, just as I
    content all definite properties are emergent from mutual agreements
    between entities. Properties, in the absence of the possibility of
    measurement or apprehension of some type, do not exist; they are what
    the 1p project onto existence. Nothing more.

Onward!

Stephen