On 11/3/2012 8:48 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

1 + 1 =2 is a necessary truth, not a fact. It is always true.
A priori. So there are necessary truths such as arithmetical truths
which were here before the contingent world of facts was created.
And will always be.

Hi Roger,

It seems to me that is there are necessary truths that have no connection to facts in any way, then they are unknowable. I am just reversing that thought to define the relations between a priori and a posteriori truths.

--
Onward!

Stephen