From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-05, 19:51:28
Subject: Re: a paper on Leibnizian mathematical ideas

On 12/5/2012 1:01 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:

L's monads have perception.
They sense the entire universe.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi Stephen P. King
> God isn't artificially inserted into L's metaphysics,
> it's a necessary part, because everything else (the monads)
> afre blind and passive. Just as necessary as the One is to Plato's
> metaphysics.
Hi Richard,

    Yes, the monads have an entire universe as its perception. What
distinguishes monads from each other is their 'point of view' of a universe.
One has to consider the idea of closure for a monad, my conjecture is that the
content of perception of a monad must be representable as an complete atomic
Boolean algebra.