On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/16/2012 1:40 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 06 Dec 2012, at 15:00, Roger Clough wrote:
>>
>> Hi Stephen P. King
>>
>> OK, after thinking it over, it seems there's two ways of thinking
>> about L's metaphysics.
>>
>> 1) (My way) The Idealist way, that being L's metaphysics as is.
>>
>> 2) (Your way) The atheist/materialist way, that being the usual
>> atheist/materialistc view of the universe --- as long as you
>> realize that strictly speaking this is not correct, but the universe
>> acts "as if" there's no God. I have trouble with this view
>> in speaking of "mental space", but I suppose you can
>> consider mental states to exist "as if" they are real.
>> L's metaphysics has no conflicts with the phenomenol
>> world (the physical world you see and that of science),
>> but L would say that strictly speaking, the phenomenol world is
>> not real, only its monadic representation is real.
>>
>> I have not yet worked Bruno's view into this scheme, but
>> a first guess is that Bruno's world is 2).
>>

>> Atheism is a variant of christinanism.
>>
>> The atheists believe in the god MATTER (primitive physical universe), and
>> seems to make sense only of the most naive conception of the Christian God,
>> even if it is to deny it.
>>
>> I am personally not an atheists at all as I do not believe in primitive
>> matter. I am agnostic, but I can prove that the CTM is incompatible with
>> that belief. I do believe in the God of Plato (Truth).
>>

>> But you don't believe in the god of theism, the omnipotent,
>> ominibenevolent, omnibeneficent person who judges, punishes, and rewards.
>> So I'd say your an atheist - if I were so bold as to say what other people
>> mean when they designate their beliefs.
>

> ...also, a god that shows a surprising level of interest in what we, puny
> humans, do with our genitals.
>
> I was going to make a very similar comment, but then decided against it.
> Bruno is a brilliant philosopher, so I guess it doesn't matter how he labels
> himself. I can understand the reluctance to be associated with a type of
> close-mindness present in (some) atheists.

Telmo,

I believe in the one god of CTM and its (X & Z) logically derived
string theory that is omnipotent (contains and carries out the laws of
physics), omniscient (instantly senses the entire universe), and
omnipresent (is distributed throughout the universe), but not
necessarily omnibenevolent,
that sustains one physical universe while knowing (computing) all
possible universes. What label do I deserve?
Richard