From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-17, 09:16:03
Subject: Re: What is truth ? Take your pick.

On 12/17/2012 9:04 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

There are many definitions of truth (see below):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

I like Whitehead's, which describes contemporary politics:

Whitehead
Alfred North Whitehead, a British mathematician who became an American
philosopher[citation needed], said: "There are no whole truths; all truths are
half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that play the devil".
The logical progression or connection of this line of thought is to conclude
that truth can lie, since half-truths are deceptive and may lead to a false
conclusion.
Hi Roger,

    I am a massively huge fan of A.N. Whitehead. ;-) You might make sense of my
fight with Bruno given this alternative, non-Platonic, way of thinking of Truth.

--
Onward!

Stephen