Hi Stephen P. King

There are many definitions of truth (see below):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

I like Whitehead's, which describes contemporary politics:

Whitehead
Alfred North Whitehead, a British mathematician who became an American
philosopher[citation needed], said: "There are no whole truths; all truths are
half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that play the devil".
The logical progression or connection of this line of thought is to conclude
that truth can lie, since half-truths are deceptive and may lead to a false
conclusion.

Contents
1 Nomenclature, orthography, and etymology
2 Major theories of truth
2.1 Substantive theories
2.1.1 Correspondence theory
2.1.2 Coherence theory