Hi meekerdb

How can you store info on a particle ?

Let's make this as simple as possible and say that you decide to write
some "information" on a piece of paper in the form of 1's and 0's.
Is that really information ? No. Not unless you provide additional
information such as

a) a definition of what information is
b) where the information is (address)
c) could this just be junk ?
d) how to read the 1's and 0's apart from the blank spaces
e) what spurious info from the blank spaces means
j) how to tell that spurious information from 1's and 0's.
e) how to.....

For every step I add, hoping to clear up the
issue once and for all, other problems come to life,
as in the Greek myth of Jason and the Dragon's teeth:

http://www.mythweb.com/heroes/jason/jason14.html

"The Dragon's Teeth

Aeetes, it turns out, had got his hands on some dragon's teeth with unique
agricultural properties.
 As soon as these hit the soil they began to sprout, which was good from the
point of view of
Jason accomplishing his task by nightfall, but bad in terms of the harvest. For
each seed germinated
into a fully-armed warrior, who popped up from the ground and joined the throng
now menacing poor Jason. "

You need info to store and read info, and
info on what that means, etc.

about the warrior killling
enemy, and for each enemy that n

gtell info

have an decoding aparatus.

Suppose you decide to store information on a computer disk.
You say 'all I have to do is put a + charge here and nothing there."

I don't think it's that simple.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/20/2012