From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-03, 13:39:09
Subject: Re: Rupert Sheldrake - The Morphogenetic Universe

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:14:15 PM UTC-5, rclough wrote:
Rupert Sheldrake - The Morphogenetic Universe

What is space ?

Space is the experience of gaps between public presences, or alternatively the
distance which can be measured of one object against another.

There is no such thing as space, there are only fields,
    which are mathematical structures.

What's a mathematical structure? What is it made of? Fields too... aren't they
really complete abstractions?

What is matter ?

Matter is the direct experience or indirect inference of public presences. It
could be described also as an experience of an obstacle or obstructive
invariance within a given range of sensory detection.

There is no such thing as matter, because it is only a field.
    There is no such thing as mass, which is why there is no such thing needed
    as a Higgs field to form what we call mass. Hence we haven't found a Higgs
    or field.

What causes a foetus to grow into a baby ? Is it DNA ? Biologists agree DNA
does not do that.

Yes, this is the important question. A foetus, baby, and adult can be thought
of as one continuous presence with different qualities.There are thousands of
causes; physical, biological, zoological, anthropological...

If these questions puzzle or intrigue you, you might want to watch

Rupert Sheldrake's  "The Morphogenetic Universe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dm8-OpO9oQ

[Roger Clough], [rcl...@verizon.net]
1/3/2013