Hi Telmo Menezes

Could be, but so far no success.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/6/2013
From: Telmo Menezes
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-06, 07:51:49
Subject: Re:

Hi Roger,

Hi Telmo Menezes

Thanks. But can such biomolecular structures
develop into a living cell ?

Current mainstream Biology believes that's the case. There isn't a complete
model yet, but many pieces of the puzzle are already known. The current
developmental theory is based on self-organisation processes. A cartoonish view
of it would be that proteins are building blocks with highly specific
affinities, so you can throw a bunch of them into the air and they will
self-assembly into something more complex. This model is not just theoretical.
Many cellular processes are known, and they all follow this principle.
Effective drugs based on this model have been created.

Modelling and entire cell has not been achieved yet, as far as I know. I know
of people who are trying. The main problem seems to be that it's terribly
complex. We seem to be getting closer as available computing power increases.
Unlike generic artificial intelligence, where no amount of computing power can
make up for the fact that we don't fully understand the first principles.

If you don't mind a book recommendation:
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Order-Adaptation-Builds-Complexity/dp/0201442302/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357476298&sr=8-4&keywords=hidden+order

This is one of the books that changed the way I see the world. It's a bit dated
but I love it. I think you might like it too, because it's essentially applied
philosophy.

Sheldrake's morphisms all pertain to living entities.

I listed to a few of the videos and I can't help but like the guy. I just think
that he's wrong in claiming that we cannot explain morphogenesis without his
field. That doesn't mean that he hasn't come across phenomena that challenge
our current understandings of reality. But we have to keep a cool mind.

Monads do also, except that for Leibniz, the whole
universe is alive.

I have no problem with that idea.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/5/2013