On Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:56:25 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

> Hi Richard Ruquist
>
> EM waves are physical and exist in spacetime.
> You can capture them with an antenna, etc.

Does an Earthquake capture a wave that is independent of the Earth?

>From my view, the EM waves *are* the waving of the antenna in response to
the waving of a broadcasting antenna. Nothing more. There are no literal
waves in empty space. Matter is sensitive because matter is what it looks
like when one sensitivity interferes with another. To us, as embodied
organisms, it looks like a tangible obstacle to our tactile, aural, and
optical senses.

> I see nothing especially wrong with the rest of you comments,
> you seem to have some interesting ideas.
>
> Thoughts travel instantly, but EM waves
> are physical (electrons) and so must travel at the speed of light.

Thoughts don't travel. They are always 'here'.

Craig