<- Physics <- Chemistry <- Biology <- Efferent Motive <- *Sense* -^
Afferent Feeling ^ Awareness ^ Consciousness ^ Cognition ^ Theology ^
Philosophy ^ Logic ^ Math <-

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:48:13 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> Space and time may be a perception of the mind in the Kantian sense. I
> donĀ“t find that space must be independent of the mind.  space and time may
> be the way  we perceive a space-time manifold which is pure mathematical
> and nothing else.

If something was purely mathematical, how could anything perceive it?

> Maybe we can see space out there

We can't see space out there. We see colors and shapes which invite a
spatial interpretation based on our experience of navigating our own body
through a world of tangible bodies.

> and we can think on geometrical figures in space (not algebraically)
>  because we have space-mode rasoning on the mind, not because space
> is pre-existent to the mind, neither because space is something in
> mathematics, because space is described in math without gemetry.

Is space inevitable in math without geometry, or is it just adapted to math
from a geometric analysis of our bodily experience?

Craig