On 1/24/2013 9:44 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:13:25 AM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

    On 1/23/2013 5:53 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
    I guess you are serious, but I can't imagine how you can actually believe
that. You
    think that you turn the Mars rover on and there is some entity there which
has an
expectation about 'Mars' or Earth. It really doesn't. There is no entity there

    So you repeat, ad nauseum.

...and you deny.

But I give a reason for my idea. That things that act intelligent are intelligent. You just complain that they can't be because...?

    - just a collection of probes and logic circuits. Without humans to
interpret the
    data coming out of it, it would be obvious that it is as unconscious as a

    No it wouldn't. It has nothing to do with 'the data coming out'.  It knows
    Mars because it can navigate on Mars and accomplish things on Mars (which
is more
    than you can do) and anybody watching it would conclude that.

Then a cadaver knows about rigor mortis.

We can only know that if the cadaver can act on the knowledge - maybe you've seen too many zombie movies.