Hi Roger,

I agree with you, peace and freedom are not possible on this earth without
strong militaries. Game theory shows that to be the case.

The problem in the USA, though, is the in(famous) military-industrial
complex. Powerful corporations profit incredibly from war. That's the wrong
incentive. They should profit from peace. The government should not be
allowed to pay for bombs, but only for the availability of bombs, through
agreements that pay the same weather the bombs are used or not.

Cheers,
Telmo.