Hi Craig,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Monday, January 28, 2013 7:24:11 AM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:
>>
>> Hi Roger,
>>
>> I agree with you, peace and freedom are not possible on this earth
>> without strong militaries. Game theory shows that to be the case.
>>

> Which is why game theory tends to produce results which are amoral and
> ideological.

Amoral, sure. Ideological, I don't get it.

I'm with you in strongly disliking war and violence, by the way. I just
don't see a way to survive and be free without an equilibrium based on fire
power. I wish that wasn't the case, but what's the way out?

>> The problem in the USA, though, is the in(famous) military-industrial
>> complex. Powerful corporations profit incredibly from war. That's the wrong
>> incentive. They should profit from peace. The government should not be
>> allowed to pay for bombs, but only for the availability of bombs, through
>> agreements that pay the same weather the bombs are used or not.
>>

> What is the difference between paying for bombs and paying for an
> availability of bombs? Like they can buy only stock options, but not stock?
> Why would the government want to buy the availability of bombs which they
> cannot use?

They can use them, but they pay a flat rate for the availability. If it
doesn't matter if they use more or less, powerful private interests have
less incentive to lobby for war.