Hi Roger,

>  2) At the same time, this corporate welfare provides jobs and stimulates
> the economy.

Jobs and the economy are just a means to an end -- resource management. I
think we've really lost sight of what we want at a very fundamental level.
Nobody wants a job* or a strong economy. What they really want is the
resources to live a fulfilling life. If the economical system is causing us
to build ways to bomb each other instead of ways to live better with less
unwanted effort, then the system is deeply flawed.

* I'm not counting things that a lot of people would do for free anyway as
a job. E.g: scientific research, art, etc.