Hi Telmo Menezes

Military spending is almost impossible to grasp. To give a few of the factors:

1) The military is mostly corporate welfare, since there is no private market
(at least in this country) for such weapons.

2) At the same time, this corporate welfare provides jobs and stimulates
the economy.

3) At the same time, such military weapons are assumed to be essential to
national security,

4) Which could be a a bad assumption.

5)  At the same time, most commerical aircraft are based to a large extent
on built-up military capability.

6) There should be laws (perhaps there are) against the selling
or giving of military weapons abroad without congressional approval.

7) However, selling of commercial versions of military aircraft here
and abroad are good for the exconomy.

8) Etc. etc.