On 23 Mar 2013, at 23:55, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Friday, March 22, 2013 9:41:52 AM UTC-4, yanniru wrote:
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:
> On 22.03.2013 13:41 Richard Ruquist said the following:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Alberto G. Corona
>> <agoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> These beliefs in robotic religiĆ³n has some reasons behind or it is
>>> simply wishful thinking?

>> Religious beliefs will be programmed just as they are in most
>> humans. Richard
>

> What about non-religious beliefs in humans and robots. Are they programmed
> or not?

Not, by and large. Most human non-religious beliefs are based on
experience.

There are religious experiences too.

Yes. But they are by nature secrete, and we can only encourage them by example or by suggesting technic. In religion the wise remains silent. The rest is bad politics.

Bruno

Craig

Most important is the belief that you can accomplish what
you plan or predict that you can do. Driving drunk is an example. You
predict that you are capable of driving and also believe that you will
not get caught. A better example of prediction and control is downhill
skiing. Recently a Swiss friend who grew up skiing and believed he
could handle any slope, ran into a tree and is now a vegtable.
Religious beliefs are much more abstract and less life threatening for
most of us. Richard