On 27 Mar 2013, at 15:02, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

Well, I'm with Telmo, and Bruno on the prohibition issue, no surprise, and with Craig here in being open to other worldviews, even if their odds seem low + I think our tendency to institutionalize and say "these are relevant branches of science AND THAT is quackery" deserves a halting problem kick in the complacent behind space.

Especially concerning medicine, the pharma + govt complacency to increasingly stick to derivation in labs, after political interests in e.g. South America saw what foreign pharma was doing for decades, and have tightened regulation extremely; this is costing taxpayer new medicines, for Pharma to go increasingly the lazy lab-derivation route. It's not that there isn't enough money, it's just that we should put 30 or 50% or whatever of that money into opening up new branches of less risk-averse research (less averse in the sense that uni-departments, pharma boards, govt have less conservative leverage and newer branches of inquiry be opened; not less in "ethics" sense and yes FAT chance).

The taxpayer deserves more, and better medicines, new anti-biotics, nasal decongestants that work etc. And these are not out of reach. We just lack the balls because people love their own "that's bullshit, that's real science distinctions". My suggestion, turn Western lab tech into a shaman, that continually searches for new compounds and runs a broad spectrum of tests, "tasting testing" a lot of plants for that broad list of things we need to continually develop (new antibiotics to everything crucial). But politics, "science", pharma, and public opinion for this is of course what it is.

We have the tech to "taste the entire jungle" and, unlike the shaman, don't have to put our lives on the line as a living lab. Every second, we waste not doing this, we loose lives. But waiting for consensus from the above web of interests will produce just derivatives, albeit respectful, scientifically viable, profitable, peer-reviewed ones; "not some quackery crackpot proposition based on shamans tasting plants". This is too little too late, discriminatory, and incredibly stupid, as the old farts in charge, will need medicines and their innovation at some point.

I agree. But like with creationism, you can have people who fake to put the cards on the table, leading to brainwashing style of talking. Independently of the truth or falsity of telepathy, there are question of protocols and assessment on the way to test the statements. Like in playing a game, some does not play with the rules, and waste the time of the others. This is even more and more present in fundamental discussion.

About the pharmaceutical industries, each day without them admitting that the cannabis, and the prohibition of drugs, was a deception, add evidences for categorizing it as being mainly, ... hmm, well, crackpot. A word I use very rarely, though. We are lied since seventeen years.

Drugs are infinitesimally less dangerous than the prohibition of drugs. It is a criminal technic to make easy black money, and grey money.

I would prefer a green, cheaper, money :)

Bruno