On 20 Apr 2013, at 05:26, meekerdb wrote:

On 4/19/2013 5:31 PM, John Clark wrote:

The reason nobody has a answer to the hard problem is that nobody has clearly explained exactly what the problem is or what the answer is expected to do.

I'm not so sure of the problem, but I'm pretty sure of the solution. When we can build AI robots that exhibit (including reporting) intelligent and emotional responses similar to humans and we can map between their AI and the function of brains in a way that allows us to reliably adjust the behavior of AI robots and/or humans - then we will have "solved" the problem, in the practical sense that no one will care about it in general terms but will discuss it in technical terms the way biologists discuss protein production and messenger RNA and DNA error correction but no longer discuss "what is life?".

No this will not work. We must test the physical consequence of the belief that the brain can be truncated at a finite level. If not, it is just pseudo aristotelian religion.