On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 , Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

>> If so and consciousness is a all or nothing matter and is not on a
>> continuum then you should vividly remember the very instant you went to
>> sleep last night. Do you?
>>

> > Why? I don't remember every waking moment when I'm fully alert either.

But you have fallen asleep many many thousands of times, in all your life
have you EVERY remembered the exact instant you've passed from
consciousness to unconsciousness? I think you don't remember it because
there is no such instant, it's a continuum. Are you really trying to make
the case that consciousness is a all or nothing matter that is so simple it
can be completely described with just one bit of information, on or off?

  John K Clark