You keep claiming that we understand this and that or know this and that.
And, yes, saying something along the lines of "we know we understand
because we care about what we understand" *is* circular.  Still doesn't
rule out the possibility that we are in a Chinese room right now,
manipulating symbols without really understanding what's going on but able
to adeptly shuffle the symbols around fast enough to appear functional.  If
that is the case, AI might be able to replicate human behavior if human
behavior is all computation-based.