Why people do not include the original link in their mails is something I
can not understand

This is the article where the text was extracted:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/?p=155740

The most interesting thing is at the end:
It reports a pacient resucitated after 40 minutes from a cooling state:

*Parnia:* I wasn’t involved in his care when he arrived at the hospital,
but I know his doctors well. We’d been working with the emergency room to
make sure they knew the importance of starting to cool people down. When
Tiralosi arrived, they cooled him, which helped preserve his brain cells.
They found vessels blocked in his heart. That’s now treatable. By doing CPR
and cooling him down, the doctors managed to fix him and ensure that he
didn’t have brain damage.

When Tiralosi woke up, he told nurses that he had a profound experience and
wanted to talk about it. That’s how we met. He told me that he felt
incredibly peaceful, and saw this perfect being, full of love and
compassion. This is not uncommon.

*People tend to interpret what they see based on their background: A Hindu
describes a Hindu god, an atheist doesn’t see a Hindu god or a Christian
god, but some being. Different cultures see the same thing, but their
interpretation depends on what they believe.*

The last paragraph is in accordance with what I predict from my natural
selection-based hypothesis (expressed a few threads before).

http://www.mail-archive.com/everything-list@googlegroups.com/msg37408.html

Either if this is a genuine return of the soul to the body or not, what is
undisputable is the existence of the phenomenon and for me, there is clear
the coherence between what traditional religious wishdom say and the
evolutionary hypotheses.

My standpoint is  1)We don not know, 2) traditional wishdom know something
that we do not know.  3) Even if you think that traditional wishdom don´t
know exactly what happens, we should learn from it.  4)To reject the latter
is a betrayal of scientific enquiry.

The knowledge of the past is not the result of what a bunch of idiots have
said until we, the Illuminated arrived, but the result of deep discussions
and confrontations of ideas, experiences and worldviews.

2013/5/17 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

> Hi Art Funkhouser
>
> The documented fact that people have had "near death"
> experiences after death,  after electrical activity in the brain
> ceases suggests to me at least that  the mind does not
> need the brain to function.
>
> This is also suggested by "out of the body" experiences
>
> Dr. Roger Clough NIST (ret.) 5/17/2013
> See my Leibniz site at
> http://team.academia.edu/RogerClough

> From:  Art Funkhouser
> Receiver:  undisclosed-recipients:
> Time: 2013-05-16, 09:33:59
> Subject: [Mind and Brain] Consciousness after Death: Strange Tales From
> theFrontiers of Resuscitation Medicine
>

> >Consciousness after Death: Strange Tales From the Frontiers of
> >Resuscitation Medicine -- (Wired -- April 24, 2013)
> >

> >Sam Parnia practices resuscitation medicine. In other words, he helps
> >bring people back from the dead --- and some return with stories. Their
> >tales could help save lives, and even challenge traditional scientific
> >ideas about the nature of consciousness. "The evidence we have so far is
> >that human consciousness does not become annihilated," said Parnia, a
> >doctor at Stony Brook University Hospital and director of the school's
> >resuscitation research program. "It continues for a few hours after
> >death, albeit in a hibernated state we cannot see from the outside."
> >Resuscitation medicine grew out of the mid-twentieth century discovery
> >of CPR, the medical procedure by which hearts that have stopped beating
> >are revived. Originally effective for a few minutes after cardiac
> >arrest, advances in CPR have pushed that time to a half-hour or more.
> >New techniques promise to even further extend the boundary between life
> >and death. At the same time, experiences reported by resuscitated people
> >sometimes defy what's thought to be possible. They claim to have seen
> >and heard things, though activity in their brains appears to have
> >stopped. It sounds supernatural, and if their memories are accurate and
> >their brains really have stopped, it's neurologically inexplicable, at
> >least with what's now known. Parnia, leader of the Human Consciousness
> >Project's AWARE study, which documents after-death experiences in 25
> >hospitals across North America and Europe, is studying the phenomenon
> >scientifically.

Alberto.