On 13 Jun 2013, at 21:48, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

What "exist" means?

What do you mean?

Such a question will depend on the TOE used.
What can exist, by definition or by assumption, will be the elements in the basic ontology of the TOE. (Either articles, fields, numbers, consciousness, perhaps, ... )

With comp, a reasonable TOE assumes only that 0 exists, s(0) exists, s(s(0)) exists, etc.

Such objects obeys two laws, that we assume: the laws of addition and multiplication, and some succession axioms (like 0 ≠ s(x), to avoid finite fields).

This entails the existence of an" indra net of numbers dreams", like the UD*, or the (structured) set of true sigma_1 sentences, from which we have to explain the emergence of physical reality/realities, consciousness, etc.

Bruno