The missing perceiver in materialism and artificial intelligence and how to
implement it

Unless you have a perceive (a subject) with a point of view, a broadband living
mind, you have nothing.

The perceiver has the ability to see the world from his own pinpoint or
narrow-band point of view
and scan it through all angles in nroadband.

Here;s what saomputer science has:

no consciousness, just a blind deaf and dumb description of an object = just
data = an objective or public world. (what computers are confined to live in).

Here's what Leibniz gives us:

Personal consciousness, that being (subject + object) = a personal experience =
 a personal or subjective worldc

Leibniz seems to be the only one who gives a fairly  understandable  account.
Here's one of my versions of his view:

"The secret of perception. Particular minds and how they relate to the overall
or Cosmic MindThe problem of perception in materialistic thinking is that it
forces us tothink that there is a homunculo usLeibniz has a more complicated
understanding of particular minds and how they relate toCosmic Mind.In
Leibniz's metaphysics, there is only one mind (the Perceiver or Cosmic Mind or
God) thatperceives and acts, doing this through the Surpreme (most dominant)
monad.It perceives the whole universe with
perfect clarity.Only it can perceive and act, because its monads (which
includes our minds) have no windows.The monads (our minds) perceive only
indirectly, as the Supreme Monad is the only--what we would call-- "conscious"
mind. We only think and perceive indirectly,as the Supreme Monad continually
and instantly updates its universe of monads. Thus there is no problem
communing with God (the Cosmic Mind)as we do so continually and necessarily,
although only aqccording to our own abilitiesand perspective. sThat we
ourselves, not God, appear to be the perceiver is thus only apparent.Also,
 because Cosmic Mind sees the entire universe as viewed by a kaleidoscope of
individual monads, the perceptions it returns to us contains not only whatwe
see (the universe from our
own individual perspectives) but what theperceptions of all of the other
monads. Thus each monad knows everythingin the universe, but only from its own
perspective, and monads
being monads,not perfectly clear but distorted.Thus, as Paul says, �For now we
see dimly, as in a mirror, but the n we shallsee cleasrly, face to face.Dr.
Roger Clough NIST (ret.) 6/16/2013

Also  see my Leibniz site at

DreamMail - New experience in email software

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit