On 7/10/2013 2:35 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 09 Jul 2013, at 20:06, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au <mailto:kimjo...@ozemail.com.au>> wrote:

            >>>I love Christopher Hitchens. I agree with many points. He is
more an
            anticlerical than an atheist to me ...

        >> Everybody called him an atheist.  He called himself an atheist.  I
think you
        just don't like the term.

    > Forgivable though, don't you think?

No I do not, I think it's unforgivable to value a word more than the concept it
represents.

But this is exactly what you are doing John. God represent a concept, even, at the start, the mother of all concept. You just want that the word God applies only to the theistic notion of some institutionalized religion, where some want to use it in very large sense akin to its original meaning.

It's ancient meaning referred to superhumanly powerful, immortal people that lived in inaccessible places (above the firmament, beneath the Earth,...) and occasionally punished or rewarded humans.

I'm sure you believe in these gods; since they are logically possible.