On 19 Sep 2013, at 21:04, meekerdb wrote:

Also some serious mathematicians are finitists.

The Meaning of Pure Mathematics
Author(s): Jan MycielskiSource: Journal of Philosophical Logic, Vol. 18, No. 3 (Aug., 1989), pp. 315-320Published by: SpringerStable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/30227216 .

Come on! He believes that Platonism violates Occam. That is the same error than believing that Everett violates Occam. Sometimes more is considerably simpler than less, and that's the very inspiration of the "everything" list.

Just because I subscribe to the list doesn't oblige me accept its dogma.

Fair enough.
But I would not call it a dogma. It seems to me it is a sort of consequence of Occam razor.

I think Mycielski remark is irrelevant. Occam is no more than a rough guide anyway. The point is that he shows how mathematics can be done with infinities.

I think comp gives this too, without requiring ultrafinitism. I can't get Mylcielski paper, so if you want explain it, don't hesitate.