On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 05:08:00PM -0700, meekerdb wrote:
> On 9/20/2013 3:50 PM, LizR wrote:
> >It's a long time since I read "Wholeness" but I seem to recall
> >coming to the conclusion that Bohm's version was like the MWI with
> >one world singled out (somehow) to be "real".
> >
> >Or am I getting mixed up? Was it him who had the idea of "pilot waves" ?
> DeBroglie originated the idea, but Bohm developed it.  There's a
> pilot wave of the universe that provides guiding 'channels' for
> particles.
> Brent

>From what I took away from Science, Order and Creativity, this pilot
wave idea he calls a quantum potential, which take the form of a
nonlocal force field acting on the particles. This quantum potential
is also what he calls the "implicate order", contrasting the the
"explicate order" of the particles. I get the impression from the late
Bohm writing that the implicate order is more fundamental than the
explicate order.

Also, an MWIer would say that the implicate order is the Hilbert space
in which Schrodinger's equation evolves - the explicate order is the
Multiverse, the parallel universes of particles as seen by the
observers after decoherence has taken place.

Principal, High Performance Coders