On 10/4/2013 7:18 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2013, meekerdb wrote:

    On 10/3/2013 5:07 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
    You seem to be agreeing with Craig that each neuron alone is conscious.
    The experiment relates to replacement of neurons which play some part
    in consciousness. The 1% remaining neurons are part of a system which
    will notice that the qualia are different.

    That assumes that 1% are sufficient to remember all the prior qualia with
enough
    fidelity to notice they are different.

No, I assume the system of which the neurons are a part will notice a difference. If not, then the replacement has not changed the qualia.

I don't understand that. If the system can notice a difference, why does it need that 1%? Why can't it detect a difference with 0% of the original remaining? What's the 1% doing?