You mean "too" nice, I assume :)

That's debatable. For example, research shows that countries with negative
population growth are ones that have taken equal rights for women
seriously. So being nice to the female half of the population leads to less
babies being born. Also, a lot of religious fundamentalists insist that
abortion, contraception etc are bad, that women shouldn't be allowed to do
anything they might enjoy (like drive cars) and generally restrict them to
staying home and raising lots of kids by restricting and oppressing them.