From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:15 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Global warming silliness

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The WHO is much more trustworthy than the German Green Party, the WHO has
no ax to grind but if people don't think a environmental catastrophe is
imminent nobody is going to vote for the German Green Party.

> This response is an unworthy ad hominem attack on the German Green Party,

I didn't know you could ad hominem (God I hate that pompous phrase for name
calling) a organization, I thought it only worked for people. Let me ask you
this, if the study was conducted by a Russian electrical corporation that
still operated nuclear power plants would you also say it was "ad hominem"
if I didn't expect the report to be unbiased?  I see no reason to believe
the Green Party's report on the subject to be closer to the truth than the
Russian utility. It's just a fact of life that it's in the interests of
utility corporations to downplay the harm caused by nuclear accidents and in
the interests of the Green Party and other environmental organizations to
exaggerate them.

> and the German people who vote for them.

People who vote for the German Green Party are dimwits, and it ain't ad
hominem if it's true.

And people who term the Fukushima disaster as a "run of the mill industrial
accident" - which you said - are so far out of touch with reality that
nothing they say can be trusted. And it ain't ad hominem if its true.

Chris

 John K Clark