From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 12:43 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Global warming silliness

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> People who vote for the German Green Party are dimwits, and it ain't ad
hominem if it's true.

> And people who term the Fukushima disaster as a "run of the mill
industrial accident" - which you said - are so far out of touch with reality
that nothing they say can be trusted. And it ain't ad hominem if its true.

>>Far worst than ad hominem (a pompous phrase for name calling) is making up
quotes about somebody that they never said. Perhaps somebody said Fukushima
disaster was a "run of the mill industrial accident" but is sure as hell
wasn't me! Fukushima was the second worse nuclear accident of all time. What
I did say is that Fukushima killed fewer people than a run of the mill coal
power plant over its 30 year lifetime, even if that coal plant never
suffered a industrial accident.

And you know this how? It is very hard to prove causality for cancer. How
many extra cases of cancer will there be over the next decades and going out
in time over one hundred thousand years or more as a result of the mass
dispersal of all manner of radionuclides into the biosphere? You do not know
how these radionuclides will migrate in the biosphere; nor how many of them
will find their way through various bio-uptake channels and become
incorporated into living tissue where they will wreak havoc on nearby cells
DNA (in fact even weak alpha emitters once incorporated into living tissue
are potentially cancer causing, because of the very close proximity of the
DNA).

There is a gulf of difference between the low levels of radiation received -
on average - from the highly diluted but very widely dispersed of nuclear
pollutants that the Fukushima disaster has released - AND continues to
release AND still very much has the potential to release huge amounts - and
the continuous, localized irradiation that any living tissue that is near a
microscopic spec, or even molecular scale clump of the nastier varietals. A
slew of hot short to midterm half-life radionuclides including Cessium-137
(with a 30 year half-life), Strontium-90, Iodine-131 for example have been
and continue to be released. U-235 is also showing up in samples.

To cite the low levels of average radiation dosage received from the vastly
diluted admixture of the deadly radioactive poisons released into our
biosphere by the Fukushima nuclear disaster and then say end of discussion
is misleading.

You, do not know what the ultimate effects of Fukushima will be; nor how
many cancer and other chronic illnesses (it is increasingly clear that many
types of auto-immune & other chronic diseases have environmental factors)
will ultimately result from it.  You display a surprising ignorance of the
interconnected nature of living systems and how life collectively acts like
a globally distributed giant sieve that filters huge amounts of air and
water through its cells and organs each year, and that as life eats life
many things become concentrated up the food chain.

You are quite good at making loud noises, and belittling others; perhaps you
mistake this for brilliance -- I don't know (nor much care actually), but I
do know what the effects of Fukushima have been so far.

It caused 160,000 people to have to leave their lives, their homes, their
friends, their communities; one third of these people still remain in
temporary housing.

And I still think fans of the Green Party are hillbillies.

And you come across as Dr. Strangelove.

Chris

  John K Clark