On 12/4/2013 2:27 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 12/4/2013 10:24 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

    On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM, <spudboy...@aol.com
<mailto:spudboy...@aol.com>>
    wrote:

        Theory? I am betting neither Clarke the writer, nor Shermer, the
Atheist, has
        put a lot of intellectual efforts in their perspectives/statements.
Clarke was
        aiming at human perspective. Shermer was trying to shoot down the
attitudes of
        the religious, by re-phrasing Clarke's Law. Could God be Drelb, the
famous
        hyper-intelligence from the Sombrero Galaxy. If this is so, what can we
do
        about it?

    If Drelb is hyper-intelligent, it can simulate all of Earth and learn
everything
    about us and everything we do.

    That seems inconsistent with the idea that "we" are infinitely many threads
of
    computation in multiverses. FPI would make us random to Drelb too.

There are also infinite numbers of Drelb though too.

Drelb, by constructing a "physical replica" of Earth, is in a sense is running a quantum emulation of all possibilities of Earth, and Drelb, by observing it, is split into as many copies as there are possibilities for the simulation to diverge.

So he suffers FPI too.