On 6 December 2013 21:45, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 05 Dec 2013, at 19:57, meekerdb wrote:
>
>  On 12/5/2013 2:15 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>   In measure theory ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measure_(mathematics) )
> just because there are an infinite number does not mean they are equal.
> Your measure each time you pull the trigger in the quantum gun is
> (approximately) halved.
>

>  ?
>
>  Your relative measure on the continuations where you survive remains
> constant and equal to one. We cannot count the cul-de-sac reality (and that
> is why Bp & Dt can give a quantum measure). Some absolute measure does not
> make sense.
>

> Why not?  It measures something different, but I don't see why it "doesn't
> make sense".
>

> Describe an experience which gives sense to absolute measure.
>
> I assume you mean "experiment" (although an experience would also be
interesting :)

In an uncountably infinite multiverse, the relative measure of me,
humanity, Earth, the galaxy and probably the Hubble sphere is effectively
zero. At least, I think it is. In a quantised multiverse which allows every
instance of a finite number of 'worlds' to exist (a very large number, of
course) then the absolute measure of, say, me is finite (though very
small), and one might in principle be able to work out what it is. But in a
quantised multiverse I'm not sure QTI would hold. Or *can* the multiverse
be quantised in that sense?