I think that you are on the right track and I both understand and agree
with your view of theory and reality all being part of the same ocean -
however, there is a difference between an artist painting a picture and a
painting of an artist painting a picture of himself. The former can be said
to be a real person, a real artist, whose body is present objectively as a
body in other people's experience and subjectively as a kind of a
sensory-motive fugue of experienced qualities. The latter is a real
painting, but the artist which a human observer sees "in the painting" has
no private presence and is in fact a re-presentation within the human
visual-cognitive context. The person in the painting is not really an
artist, and not really a thing at all, only a chromatic medium arranged to
symbolize a thing *for us*.

It doesn't matter how sophisticated you make the painting - turn it into a
4D holographic movie that is a front end for a conversational bot... it's
still not anything but a collection of intentionally synchronized facades.
Anything which is constructed in this manner, from the outside in, whose
operation is controlled by the agenda of a designer is not a 'real'
presence, but a puppet or doll in which a human audience is invited to
project their own empathy on, like a stuffed animal or an emoticon . I see
this confusion as a form of the Pathetic Fallacy.

Once we have a clear picture of the difference between a doll and a person,
and can see that a person is 'real' in many more senses than the doll is,
we can see that even though there is more computation going on in a doll
than an atom, an atom, as a whole, natural phenomenon, is more like a
person than a doll is. The doll does not know that it is a doll, but an
atom is the embodiment of atomic density of sensitivity. An atom detects,
attracts, repels, and bonds with other atoms to make new coherent wholes. A
doll's reality, by contrast, has no more whole coherence than does one of
the molecules that it is composed of. It does not detect or respond to
anything as a doll, but rather as a piece of plastic. The doll quality is
limited to a particular audience (human beings) and a particular sense
modality (dolls don't smell or taste like people, don't usually sound or
feel like people, etc, they only look like dolls of people to other people).

I share also the view of the single ocean of ontological energy, however I
identify that "energy" as simple sensory-motive experience: aesthetic
participation - awareness. Within awareness the ability to reflect and
invert, to exclude and objectify makes any further 'energy' or 'ontology'
redundant. Sense is all that is needed.

Consider that the concept of "computations in the brain" is also not
primitively real, but is in fact part of our experience as what human
beings of this era in history can understand about ourselves. We are not
'computational forms in the brain', nor can computation alone cause any
form or feeling. Computation is the representation of sense - it's a doll
which cannot make itself real. I see this time as a time of profound
misunderstanding of the world and of consciousness. The belief in
computation and mechanism is too close to the inverted image of
anthropomorphic religion to be considered neutral or scientific.

We should see through this information dollhouse and into deeper reality of
the ontology of experiential relativity - of multisense realism...but alas
we may have a long run left to go. I find myself in the ironic position of
seeing the other side of the very view that made so much sense to me for so
long, now it has become the obstacle to overcome. Life and death, awareness
and the meaningless meshing of digital gears have become indiscernible and
the whole of science and art is flushed down the toilet of mindless
mathematical regurgitation. /rant

Craig