On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Bruno,
>
> No. "17 is prime" depends entirely on humans who invented the concept of
> prime numbers. That's human not Reality math.

Really? Discovery channel would disagree with you ;-)

> The logico-mathematical system of reality has no such concept as a prime
> number. Why? Because reality doesn't care whether a number is prime or not.
> The computations of reality are probably pretty simple. For example one of
> the most basic computations is the conservation of particle properties in
> particle interactions. All that involves is simply keeping track of a
> relatively small set of natural numbers and rearranging them into valid
> particles except for the case of the dimensional particle properties such
> as energy and momenta which are not really continuous since reality is
> granular at the elemental level so there is no need for infinitesimals.
>
> Give me an example of a single physical (natural) process that says
> anything about primes? I could be wrong here but I can't think of a single
> example. Can you?

Done:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodical_cicadas

> All human doctors ARE digital. They vary in competence. Judge them on
> their competence....
>
> You state "Because the first person indeterminacy is not computable, nor
> is its domain, and the physical laws rely on this." This doesn't compute
> for me. Please explain what you actually mean and why.... It seems to me
> that's just a human perspective of computable reality and thus the product
> of computations in mind.
>
> Finally you state "But to define computation, you need to be realist on
> some part of arithmetic, including some non computable arithmetical
> assertions, that we can prove to exist."
>
> Again you are trying to impose results from human math on the
> computational system of reality to which they don't apply. Try to apply
> that to a running software program and no matter how much you try it still
> runs. Reality keeps running in spite of your human math telling you it
> can't run.

? Perhaps you may choose to have a closer look at UDA and Bruno's other
work, as you seem to sometimes be leaning towards it. It can take awhile to
wrap ones head around First Person Indeterminacy and its implications,
given comp hypothesis.

A better understanding of it would, even if you disagree, avoid unfruitful
discussions with "Reality is such and such" claims, as his work doesn't
make those claims, nor seeks to support or negate that type of claim.

To put it roughly from my perspective, Bruno's work concerns examining
consequences of mechanist hypothesis against the backdrop of the discovery
of universal machines and is not philosophical in the sense of defending
some interpretation of "Reality" over others. True, he will argue that this
or that ontology is not compatible with comp, but to mix this up with
Philosophy as in defending an ontological stance, is to judge too quickly,
even though understandable. PGC