On Monday, December 30, 2013 10:18:59 AM UTC+11, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
> Pierz,
> If block time is actual and something actually exists in past times then
> the energy must actually exist there and be real also. Thus a new universe
> of energy is being created at every new moment of time. Energy is not being
> converted from one form to another but stored in each moment of past time.
> Block time does violate conservation of energy. I know there are ways
> people try to weasel out of this but they are not convincing.
> Block time is simply not possible, and as I've pointed out before SR and
> the associated STc Principle conclusively falsify it. Not only that no one
> who accepts the block time nonsense has been able to come up with any
> convincing physics based reason why we exist in a present moment, or even
> seem to exist in a present moment, since you don't believe there actually
> is one.

I believe there is one, sure! At least from the point of view of any
embedded observer. It's true that the phenomenon of the present moment is a
curious one, but it really boils down to the problem of consciousness or
the first-person perspective. Objective (3-p, in the terminology of this
list) descriptions of the world can (and must) disregard it entirely. As
for SR falsifying the block universe/block time, that is a complete
inversion of the truth. See this, for instance:

But even if the present moment is somehow grounded in physics as opposed to
consciousness, that does not show that this present moment encompasses the
whole universe as you insist it must.