On 31 December 2013 10:30, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:

> Dear LizR,
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 31 December 2013 07:40, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 12/30/2013 1:56 AM, LizR wrote:

>>> Sorta... I like the Theory of Nothing. It is a neutral monism that I can
> buy, but I assume that Becoming is "fundamental": change exists at all
> levels - this can happen when we reject a global timing scheme! The neat
> thing is that a change is not a "thing", at best it is a transition between
> a pair of things...

That is exactly why it fits into a block universe. You can have two states
and the transition between them looks (to the states) like a change.

However, you *do *assume that becoming is fundamental - clearly, and with
no need for quote marks. If you are going to always assume this then
obviously you will never accept any idea that tries to derive it from
anything simpler.

>   I have a very bad cold so my thinking/writing skills are degraded...

Hope you get well soon!