On 1/2/2014 10:55 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

    I sort of see the opposite trend.  More and more physicists are looking for
    information based fundamental theory.

But where is the information coming from? If no where or nothing, this is just a form of idealism.

Of course in a block universe picture it comes from the future. But most ideas are more conservative than that; they're more like everythingism. Information in QM can be negative as well as positive. If negative information crosses the Hubble event horizon it leaves positive information behind. As my friend Yonatan Fishman put it, "The universe is just nothing - rearranged."