On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:05 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/2/2014 10:55 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>    What do you think about the idea that the whole course of the universe
>> was set at that (near) singularity at the beginning of the universe?
>  What do you mean by universe? Clearly we don't remain (or aren't in)
> just a single possible ((future) history).
> I mean multiverse.  How does it get started?

I believe in block time, so there is no start or end. I think there is a
collection of states and stable patterns that exist and perceive, within
even larger stable patterns.

>   There's just this one pure ray in Hilbert space - what does it mean for
> it to get projected onto different subspaces?

Is it wrong to say something to the effect of all solutions to the
Shrodinger equation are satisfied?

>   The Wheeler-Dewitt equation is famously timeless, so it's not clear why
> anything happens at all.  Or do you hypothesize an eternal past?

Wheeler-Dewitt showed what Einstein and Feynman with his diagrams
suspected, and what I think many thought experiments can help show, that
time, as something that changes what exists, does not exist.