Max's main lacuna is the nature of consciousness, which he describes as
"what data feels like when it's being processed" - hardly a detailed
theory. He starts his Mathematical Universe Hypothesis from the opposite
pole to Bruno, so to speak. I wonder if it's possible for a particular
mathemathical object to drop out of comp - after all, we do appear to live
in a universe with a specific set of laws of physics. Are these the only
ones that could be generated by comp (or generated by the existence of
conscious beings in Platonia) ? Maybe one needs to somehow intersect comp
with the MUH to get the full story!