On 1/15/2014 7:05 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
Hyper determinism makes little sense as a serious theory to me. Why should particle properties conform to what a computer's random number generator outputs, and then the digits of Pi, and then the binary expansion of the square root of 2, all variously as the experimenters change the knobs as to what determines the spin axis of the lepton their analyzer measures. Are radioactive decays of particles really such things that are governed by the behavior of a selected random source, or alternately, are they really such things that govern what the digits of Pi or the square root of 2 are?

They are all part of the same reality. You assume its the experimental choice of measurement that determines the particles response, but I think the picture is supposed to be that both the particle in the experiment and the particles making up the experimenter are determined by the same laws.