On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 4:24 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>  then feel free to "invoke some non-comp" or invoke more "comp" if that
> floats your boat, I no longer care. I've given up trying to find a
> consistent definition of your silly little word "comp" that is used on this
> list and nowhere else.
>

> False.

False? Who else besides you and a few other members of this list has even
heard of "comp"? Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comp

Wikipedia lists 27 possible meanings of the word "comp" and not one of
those 27 meanings has anything to do with AI or mind or the brain or
consciousness or determinism or materialism or information.  Not one!

> > Your endless homemade acronyms that you pretend every educated person
> should know get tiresome too.
>
> > Childish immature remark.

Perhaps, but out of the mouth of babes comes truth. The fact is your
acronyms are even more obscure than "comp" is.

>> "digital transformation"
>>

> >> I do believe that.
>
> > Good. That's comp.

Apparently "comp" involves a great deal more than that, in particular a lot
of vague pee pee crap.

>> Although it doesn't necessarily follow the digital transformation of
>> consciousness is perfectly consistent with the matter in the desk I'm
>> pounding my hand on right now as simply being a subroutine in the johnkclak
>> program, and the same is true of the matter in my hand.
>>

> > Only by a confusion 1p and 3p,

OK now were getting to the heart of the matter (no pun indented).  Explain
exactly why my statement above is confused and or wrong and you will have
won this year old debate.

> you are stuck at the step 3.

John Clark is stuck when Bruno Marchal constantly sneaks in personal
pronouns like "you" and "I" in a proof about personal identity, and when
reading about  "the 3p" as if were one universal thing, but Bruno Marchal's
3p is John Clark's 1p.

> You are the only person stuck in step 3 that I know.

I guess they didn't make it that far, but it's been over a year and to be
honest I don't even remember what the first 2 steps were, they may have
been just as silly as step 3.

 John k Clark