All,

In the computational theory of reality I present in my book, information is
not physical, but it is real and is the fundamental component of reality,
Information is what computes physicality, or more accurately what is
interpreted as physicality in the minds of organismic beings in their
personal simulations of reality.

Yet this information does need a substrate in which to manifest. This
substrate is simply the existence space of reality itself, what I call
ontological energy, which is not a physical energy, but simply the locus
(non-dimensional) of the presence of reality, the living happening of
being.

A good way to visualize this is that ontological energy is like a perfectly
still sea of water, and the various waves, currents, eddies etc. that can
arise within the water are all the forms of information that make up and
compute the universe. They have no substance of their own other than the
underlying water (existence) in which they arise.

And of course the nature of water determines what forms can arise within it
just as the underlying nature of existence determines the types of
information forms that can arise within our universe.

In this theory EVERYTHING without exception is information only. It is only
abstract computationally interacting forms that continually compute the
current information state of the universe.

In fact, if one observes reality with trained eyes, one can actually
directly observe that the only thing out there is just various kinds of
information. After all ANYTHING that is observable is by definition
information..... Only information is observable, ONLY information exists...
It is the fact that this information exists in the actual realm of
existence that makes it real and actual and enables it to compute a real
information universe.

Edgar