On 25 Mar 2014, at 02:10, meekerdb wrote:

On 3/24/2014 2:33 PM, Kim Jones wrote:

On 25 Mar 2014, at 8:00 am, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well then the question is How is cloning different from Asking the doctor to gather info from the substitution level to reproduce you at two different locations? To me at least that seems to be essentially cloning you.
Richard

How many number 2s are there? How many versions of 17 are there? You are a number, which surely makes you unique.

You are unique. Just like everyone else......

Bruno's replication thought experiment requires that you not be unique; so it is your classical approximation that can be duplicated. If "youness", continuity of your consciousness, depended on your quantum state then you couldn't be duplicated (at that level) by the no-cloning theorem.

But you could still be "prepared" in many exemplaries, and arithmetic or the UD would still multiply you, so our subst level can still be below the quantum level. In that case we would not been able to say "yes" to a doctor in our universe, but the consequence of "saying yes in principle" would still follow. I just said the reason to Richard, which is that the UD simulates infinitely often all quantum state evolutions. It copies use without cloning, like the multiverse itself, would say Liz.