On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Stephen Paul King <
stephe...@provensecure.com> wrote:

> Read  Corona's post carefully.

I did, and I find his general ideas interesting and worth considering. I
don't quire agree that space exploration cannot compete with religion. When
I was growing up, I was forced to go to catholic sunday school, and at the
same time I was obsessed with space exploration. The former just bore me to
tears, while the second gave me feelings of human transcendence. This video
still works better for me than all of the religious attempts at showing the
divine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoNITE-CLc

It is sad that we are currently regressing in many ways. We lost the
ability to do what that video shows, when we should be doing even more
amazing things, and eventually starting colonising other worlds. We are
also regressing in social ways, with the return of police states in the
west and so on. I don't think that's a coincidence. I hope it's a bump in
the road.

On the other hand, we expanded inwards with the Internet. I believe we
still just saw the beginning of the transformative power of the Internet
and the things it will enable. The ones in power sense this too, and they
are fighting it. At the moment we seem to be heading in the direction of
some cyberpunk dystopia.

But back to the gay issue. If the assumption is that "gay promotion" is
part of a strategy to reduce the population, then that's just silly. If
anything, allowing gays to marry and be parents and adopt is only
increasing the carrying capacity of our environment.

Telmo.