On 29 May 2014 03:55, John Ross <jr...@trexenterprises.com> wrote:

> Good thinking.
>

> However, if charge is spread evenly over a sphere, parts of the charge
> would be touching adjacent parts so they would repel each other.

But the repulsion would be finite, which was my point. In fact any shape
object with evenly spread charge on its surface would have a finite
repulsive force, and hence could hold together, so Coulomb's law doesn't
mandate point particles after all.

> As to your last question, the  answer is simple.

I'm sure it is, but this isn't it:

> Tronnies combine to make three things: electrons (three tronnies),
> positrons (three tronnies) and entrons (two tronnies).  Each photon is
> comprised of one entron.  Everything else in our Universe is comprised of
> electrons, positrons and entrons.  A proton is comprised of two positrons
> and an electron that has captured a neutrino entron with a mass of 1.65 X 10
> -27 kg.  The proton that is the nucleus of hydrogen atoms also contains
> several (I estimate about 15) gamma ray entrons (see Chapter VIII).   These
> are the composite building blocks of our Universe.  For Standard Model
> folks a neutron is a proton, an electron and a gamma ray entron, but its
> life time is only 15 minutes (whether it is inside or outside nuclei).

The question was, where does the asymmetry come from? You said T-theory
explains the apparent imbalance between electrons and positrons, I pointed
out that it also needs to explain the imbalance between electrons and
protons - if you're right, you've explained a *numerical *asymmetry, but
there is still an *organisational* asymmetry that is unexplained. That is,
why aren't there an equal number of positrons and antiprotons as there are
electrons and protons?

Do you see the problem? Without an explanation for why that asymmetry
exists (as opposed to merely explaining how the particles that exist are
put together) you haven't got any further than the physicists who are
baffled by the imbalance of electrons and positrons, because you have an
(at least) equally baffling imbalance.

(I say at least equally baffling because ISTM that symmetry breaking at the
more fundamental level of electrons and quarks should be easier to explain
than at the higher level of how the components organise themselves into
non-fundamental particles.)