On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

There is nothing logically inconsistent about a fire breathing dragon
>> powered by a nuclear reactor in its belly, but that doesn't prove that such
>> an animal actually exists.
>>

> > Unless you believe that QM necessarily entails a multiverse, in which
> case they exist somewhere.

The multiverse doesn't care if I believe in it or not, it either exists or
it doesn't. Although I could be wrong I think the multiverse idea is
logically consistent, but even if I'm right and it is that doesn't prove it
exists.

> a consequence of the multiverse is that all physically possible events
> happen within it.

Yes but it's not always obvious what is physically possible and what is
not. Is it physically possible that Germany could have won the second world
war? Yes. Is it physically possible that 2+2=5 ? No. Is it physically
possible that the second law of thermodynamics is wrong? No. Is it
physically possible that the first law of thermodynamics is wrong? I don't
know.

> It's possible (if comp is correct) that

Who cares, I don't give a hoot in hell about scientific baby talk like
"comp".

 John K Clark