On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:52 AM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I define consciousness as my ability to make choices.

Did you make that choice for a reason? If you did it was deterministic if
you didn't it was random. If you did it was reasonable if you didn't it was
unreasonable.

> My simple-minded view of MWI is that it is deterministic and if it is
> true then my consciousness is an illusion, period

I don't see how that follows nor do I understand why it would matter even
if it did because illusions are a perfectly real subjective phenomenon just
as consciousness is.

 John K Clark