On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> This theologian stays true to more scientific attitude of ignorance in
>> face of the unknown.
>>
>> Alhazen described his theology: "I constantly sought knowledge and truth,
>> and it became my belief that for gaining access to the effulgence and
>> closeness to God, there is no better way than that of searching for truth
>> and knowledge."
>>

> That is prescribed by the Quran. It directs us to use our intelligence,

Not if it deviates from scripture. And to my knowledge Alhazen's
contribution to mathematics/physics, and optics in particular were not in
scripture. He searched and found glimpses of god/reality outside of the
scripture.

> it directs us to pray for more knowledge,

Can search be a less passive/rigid form of prayer?

> and it states that, on that day, the truthful are going to benefit from
> their truth.

Respectfully, to me, that's waiting around for god/truth, when perhaps it
is already here. Another reason why strong form of literalism can imply
lack of faith and hide laziness. Kierkegaard complained about this with his
own Religion, the Christians. Maybe all religions suffer from this as there
is vanity in assuming to know what god wants from us.

Alhazen did use "search", being aware of the meaning of prayer, one would
assume. And search points towards a humility and ignorance of god's will,
despite doing our best in matters faith, which is more flexible and thus
allows a broader question of how to approach truth, without presupposing
that we know what it is. And without minimizing the arrogance that walks
with vanity too.

I don't see how your approach is clarified, particularly in addressing the
problem of insulting other people's search by insisting on your particular
interpretation, and the implied argument per authority constructs/certainty
etc. Your approach is thus still obscure to me. PGC