On Sun, Sep 27, 2015  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> ​>
>> ​>>​
>> ​
>> If you prove the existence of something in something else, you have that
>> something,
>>

> ​
> ​>> ​
> Euclid proved 2500 years ago that there are infinitely many primes, so if
> what you say above is true you must have the 423rd prime greater than
> 10^100^100.
>
> ​> ​
> Now you equate existence with constructive existence,

​What the hell?  You're the one that is equating those two things not me! I
don't want you to answer the question "does the 423rd prime number greater
than 10^100^100 exist?", I want you to tell me the answer to
a completely different question, "what is the 423rd prime number greater
than 10^100^100?".

And to figure out what that number is and answer my question you are going
to have perform a calculation. And to do that you are going to have to use
matter that obeys the laws of physics. And there may not be enough matter
in existence to do it. And if there isn't then the question "what is the
423rd prime number greater than 10^100^100?" is unanswerable.

> ​>
>> ​>> ​
>> ​
>> indeed a universal machine cannot distinguihs a physical computation from
>> a non physical one,
>>

> ​
> ​>> ​
> I know, and that lack of ability is yet another example of something a
> non-physical machine can't do that a physical machine can.​ A physical
> machine, such as myself, has no difficulty whatsoever in making that
> distinction.
>
> ​> ​
> Then you have magical abilities not shared by any Turing machine, physical
> or non physical.

​Bullshit.​

> ​> ​
> Please don't confuse the computation with anything we use to represent and
> communicate about that computation.

​Gibberish. ​

​>> ​
>> so just use ​immaterial computation
>> to find ​
>> the 423rd prime greater than 10^100^100
>> ​ and tell me what it is and you have won this argument. How hard can
>> that be?​
>>

> ​> ​
> Just define what *you* mean by "physical computation"

​It means computation using physics.  Bruno, couldn't you have figured that
out by yourself? ​Did you really need my help?

  John K Clark